Another aspect of 'Fairy Tale Project' is publishing writers who can't afford to pay for publishing services. You can request an application for review and consideration. Refer to the 'Services' page for the types of books I accept. Projects are produced on a first come, first serve basis.
As new material for anthologies is collected, I will do as I did for the first two and publish them.
Submission Guidelines for anthologies:
• Length: 1000 – 5500 words. Some exceptions will be made if word count is a little over or under.
• Formats accepted: Suggested--type up your story in a Google Doc (which will automatically save) and share it with this email email@example.com OR paste your story directly into an email. I won’t accept attachments. Include your name, age, where you live, and website/blog address if any. If the story was previously printed in another publication, include this information as well.
• No erotica or pornography will be accepted. The book(s) will be rated PG.
• Contributing authors will be able to buy copies of the book at a 40% discount from CreateSpace from all over the world. The minimum order count is ONE (1).
• Authors retain the rights to their work and can use them in future / other publications or books.
FAIRY TALE PROJECT DISCLAIMER
The writings/poetry being submitted (the “Material”) by the author/owner to Renee Alter (“Editor”) is for use in an anthology of short stories for the purpose of being used in the FAIRY TALE PROJECT.
By submitting your Material, use is granted by author/owner on a non-exclusive basis with the understanding that author/owner of the Material may also use it elsewhere. In consideration of the foregoing, and by submitting his/her Material, author/owner agrees:
a. Editor is under no obligation to use the material.
b. to give permission for publication of the Material in a book and/or eBook which will be published through CreateSpace and Kindle Direct Publishing. The paperback will be sold through Amazon, Barnes & Nobles, and Ingram. The eBook will be published on Amazon. Paperback copies will be available for purchase by contributing authors on CreateSpace with a discount code good for personal use copies at 40% of the selling price, which code will be provided after publication.
c. that he/she is the author and sole and exclusive owner of the Material and of all rights in and to the Material, with full authority to submit the Material on the terms and conditions herein, which terms/conditions shall be binding on author’s agents, heirs, successors, licensees and assigns.
d. that he/she has not entered into an agreement with another person or entity for their exclusive use of the same Material submitted to the Editor herein.
e. to waive all claims for any compensation from the FAIRY TALE PROJECT besides the 40% purchase discount for paperback copies, and to waive the right to inspect and/or approve of the finished product or the advertising copy or promotional information that may be used in connection therewith. The Editor has author’s permission to use author’s name as a contributor to the Anthology (unless specifically requested by author that his/her Material be published anonymously or under a pen name).
f. Editor may edit the Material submitted.
g. to retain a copy of the Material and agrees that Editor shall not be obligated to return the Material to author.
h. that he/she is 18 years old or over and has every right to contract accordingly.
Updated July 1, 2016